- Four hours to dictate everything I could remember.
- A couple of hundred bucks for transcription services [well worth it, too!]
- Eight hours reviewing handwritten notes, photographs, emails, and a stack of business cards
- Two weeks rearranging chunks in Scriviner while studying the calendar
- A few hundred dollars for a sweet deal with a great editor
- Fifty hours (off and on) embellishing, editing, rewriting, adding, subtracting, tweaking, and polishing
- Sixty hours (more or less) with assistance laying out the print format
- Thirty hours (more or less) with assistance laying out the ebook format
- $250 for a block of International Standard Book Numbers (ISBNs)
- Various small publishing/proofing fees with LightningSource.com
- Thirty hours (at least!) for artwork (my assistant rocks!) for the cover
- Ten minutes to fill out the online forms, upload the final files, and hit the Publish button
Followed by days of anxious waiting and wondering.
Then it happens…
…the book is PUBLISHED!
Now the real work – promotion – begins!
(That was fun! Let’s do it again!)